Everything we do is centered around advocating and improving a citizen’s Right to Know (RTK) what government is doing on your behalf.
Specifically, we focus our efforts on the following:
- Develop and propose legislation which broadens and strengthens a citizen’s Right to Know.
- Legislative oversight of all bills which impact RTK
- Advocate for or against proposed legislative changes to the RTK Law by writing legislators and testifying at legislative committee hearings
- Write op-eds and participate in public forums regarding RTK
- Serve as a media resource in matters related to RTK
- Build cooperative associations with other organizations which share an active and ongoing interest in government transparency
Education & Training
- Educate the public and public officials about the letter and spirit of the RTK Law
- Maintain this blog with timely and relevant RTK news and information
- Monitor and publish court cases and legal opinions which impact RTK
- RTKNH volunteers are available to speak to civic organizations and citizen groups and conduct forum/workshop/training sessions on RTK
- Answer specific questions about the RTK Law
- Assist citizens in exercising their rights to obtain information from their government
- Help citizens identify and resolve RTK violations