Right to Know NH (RTKNH) and The School District Governance Association (SDGA) recently conducted a webinar on how to make an effective Right to Know request. The Right-to-Know law (RSA 91-A) is straightforward but the inexperienced can stumble over pitfalls.
Some of the common pitfalls citizens may experience regarding filing right to know requests are:
- Not knowing your rights before submitting request
- Submitting request to someone other than the custodian of the records
- Failing to be specific enough in describing records
- Failing to verify record exemptions claimed by the custodian
- Paying for copies when inspection of records would suffice
Watch the Video Recording of the webinar here to learn about your rights to access public records.